As a social enterprise with a mandate to increase the economic development and health of the DTES, Potluck is committed to sustainable and green operating standards.
Potluck’s business practices feature an eco-forward approach, from menu planning to purchasing to waste management. Some of the ways Potluck has refined its operating practices to reduce its ecological footprint include:
- Composts all organic waste and recycles all paper, cardboard, hard plastics and metals.
- Uses all recycled and biodegradable paper supplies, disposable cutlery and paper serving supplies
- Purchases food grown and sourced locally from BC and Canada as much as feasible
- Greener technology with the installation of a Low Temperature Commercial Dishwasher
- Investment in a catering delivery vehicle with greener gas mileage
- Member of LOCO BC, which works to create a diverse, vibrant local economy by strengthening small and mid-sized businesses
Potluck Café Society is very proud to be a Climate Smart certified business. To learn more about Climate Smart, visit www.climatesmartbusiness.com